sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Out of Sight Out of Mind - Evonne Wareham I have to admit I was a little bit nervous about reading Evonne Wareham’s second novel having loved Never Coming Home (one of my Top 20 Fiction Reads for 2013). Would it live up to my expectations?

Out of Sight Out of Mind gets off to an exciting start … no preamble but straight into the action! Madison Albi just couldn’t resist the call of another mind … on the edge of a dark and dirty alleyway. ‘J’ is in bad physical shape. Madison just has to take him home so that she can see if the connection was for real.

A conversation in the lobby between concierge Scott and his sister Sandra tells us a little bit more about Madison. This hooked me in … I wanted to know much more than they shared

While Madison and ‘J’ are trying to overcome the barrier in his mind, in another location, we’re given glimpses into The Organisation. This tantalising sojourn gave me many more questions than it gave answers! Who were they? What did our characters mean to them? Why was an intimate relationship so important?

The attraction between Madison and J is there from the start. I loved this!

“This man was seriously built, seriously hot, and her banked-down hormones were rearing up and sniffing the breeze.”

This tells us a lot about Madison and portrays our animal instincts beautifully The sensual tension between them really does sizzle and sparkle.

J is such a thoughtful and sensitive man. He reads Madison’s body language, alert to every nuance … and responds in reaction to what he intuits. At one point when we’re with The Organisation, his best mate doesn’t seem to like him very much and this puzzled me. With J’s nightmare and this knowledge … my mind was led down many different scenarios!

Written in the third person adds so much more depth to their relationship and the plot. I found it so easy to identify with our characters and become wholeheartedly involved.

Wareham is a master of intrigue and suspense. Once again my notes are littered with questions and exclamation marks. I just had to keep turning those pages, waiting for the time when that barrier in J’s mind fell apart so that we could know the truth … had to find out what part The Organisation had to play in the whole plot. What a plot is!

The plot for me was very believeable. We know there are parts of the brain that well, we know nothing about … and there are people in the world with different ‘gifts’ and ‘talents’. This is pivotal to the story. The romance and the science weaved through each other to make this a book I couldn’t put down.

I’ll finish with the last words I wrote in my notes:

Wow, wow and wow. An author who knows how to build tension … both sexually and action-wise!

I would like to thank the publishers for providing a copy in exchange for an honest review.