sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

The Christmas Bake-Off - Abby Clements We start our window into Skipley village life on Saturday 23rd December at 4.15pm. The tasting begins at the bake-off when the discovery of sabotage silences everyone in the village hall.

Then we look backwards to the previous evening, spending time with Katie (the owner of the bakery), Rachel, Bea and John as they prepare their tasty treats. We discover their reasons for entering (not all competitive!).

Back at the village hall on Saturday 23rd, everything comes together, including the start of a relationship.

At the end of the short story is a couple of recipes.

The Christmas Bake-Off is a sweet and short festive tale that gives the reader a brief introduction into what awaits us from between the pages of Abby Clements Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.

I really enjoyed the writing style of this debut author and think releasing this taster is a brilliant idea to whet our appetites. This is a short story in it’s own right but it’s made me want to find out more about the characters and the world they live in!