sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Winter Warmers - Carole Matthews Winter Warmers begins with Carole Matthews sharing her love of writing short stories.

These three short stories from Carole Matthews highlighted for me one of the things I love about Matthews writing … the insight she has into relationships and how easy it is to identify with her characters. They are poignant but also with hope.

All I Want for Christmas is You highlights being single at this time of year and how a connection with another may be something you hadn’t expected. Cold Turkey highlights how lonely it can be because of decisions you’ve made but that solace can be found in the most unlikely of places, and About Gardening is my favourite. I loved the symbol of a few colourful plants when the rest of the garden is a mess compared to a relationship – papering over the cracks! and how scary it can be contemplating tearing up the garden and starting again when you still might end up exactly where you are now.

The three stories are followed by Chapter One of With Love at Christmas