sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Reflected in You  - Sylvia Day Reflected in You is narrated in the first person from Eva’s perspective.

The novel opens with Eva and Gideon in his Fifth Avenue penthouse apartment. We’re told many things about the relationship they’re trying to maintain, as two people with abusive pasts.

What follows is time spent with the two leads as they’re trying to adjust to an exclusive relationship whilst dealing with ex lovers, family and a homicidal step-brother lurking in the background.

There are powerful emotions portrayed along with the eroticism. I enjoyed watching how their love develop so that their obsession was tempered with trust. I thought the lead characters were well-developed and believable. Reflected in You has just the right pace and the sexual scenes are written well, portraying the depth of Gideon and Eva’s emotions.

However, I found the plot boring and predictable. I know there are a lot of fans for romantic eroticism (very popular right now!) but for me, Reflected in You reinforced that this isn’t a genre preference for me. I’m not averse to bonkbusters (watch out for my review of Killer Heels by Rebecca Chance on 9th November). There needs to be that something extra that will catch my imagination and pull me in.

I would like to thank the publishers for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review.