sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

When it Happens to You - Molly Ringwald When It Happens to You is unique. The short stories take us on an emotional journey through two main characters lives. They are linked with each one, even when they are not the main topic of the individual story but are peripheral characters. This connection running through makes the story whole. I loved this and it worked really well.

Some of the links are obvious straight away but others had me trying to predict how the other characters were involved. In the back of my mind I was thinking ‘How does this fit into what I know so far?’ For me this intrigue was a page turner.

The characters are brilliantly portrayed. I found it so easy to become a part of the two main leads as we journey with them through the things that touch their lives as well as identifying with the other characters.

Family and relationships are at the heart of the eight stories and with each character having their own different emotional dilemma to make sense of there are plenty of situations to engage the reader’s emotions. Mine were! As well as those mentioned in the blurb there are financial worries, childhood expectations that we carry with us as adults, bereavement and gender preference both as a child and adult. Every ‘topic’ is handled sensitively and with feeling.

When It Happens to You was a fast and enjoyable read. I have no hesitation in recommending you pick up a copy for yourself.

I would like to thank the publishers for sending a copy in exchange for an honest review.