sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Bundle of Trouble - Diana Orgain Bundle of Trouble is the first in the series ‘Maternal Instincts Mystery’. The second book is called Motherhood is Murder and the third, Formula for Murder.

We first get involved at the end of Kate’s pregnancy. She receives a phone call from the Medical Examiner’s Office. A body has been found in the bay, her brother-in-law’s possessions have been found at the end of the pier. Then she goes into labour.

I have to admit that in the beginning I wasn’t caught up in the story and wasn’t sure whether I would continue reading. I didn’t ‘feel’ the worry Kate and husband Jim were feeling as Kate was in labour. The short and simple sentences didn’t catch my imagination. However, as soon as the first death occurred I was caught up in the whirlwind of activity, the intrigue making me click the pages. In the end, I was so caught up in the action I read it in 24 hours!

The plot is very clever and fast moving and at no point did I guess who the murderer was. Every time I had a guess, I was wrong. I loved this. Alongside this, I was transported back to those first few weeks of having your first baby in your life. Having Laurie (baby) as part of the story in no way detracts from the plot. It’s just a part of Kate and Jim’s life.

I also loved the tongue-in-cheek sarcastic humour. I found this so down-to-earth and it’s an integral part of the whole.

Kate makes To Do lists (a girl after my own heart). I think this list sums up the story and the humour:

To do:
1. Find Killer
2. Figure out hideous breast pump.
3. Avoid cranky cop.
4. Send out Make birth announcements – need pink paper.
5. FIND KILLER

I would like to thank the author for sending me an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.