sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Without a Mask: Discovering Your Authentic Self - Avikal Costantino Without a Mask will take you on an exciting journey. It will give you tools to use to discover who it really is behind the mask we all wear… the mask we hide our real selves behind in order to belong and fit in with our families and the society in which we live.

This book is all about being present and living life consciously in the NOW. Of being free from past conditioning and fear of the future. It deals with the main obstacles that prevent our being present consciously.

We identify with so many labels to describe to ourselves and others who we are. We are female/male, we are a mother/father, we are our job title or what we spend the majority of the day doing. We identify with all the emotions we feel and might say to ourselves or others, today I am happy/sad, tired/uplifted etc. Who is it saying these things? Who is it we really are underneath all the layers?

Through inquiry, meditations and visualisations you will peel back those layers. You will learn to accept those parts of ourselves we were told were ‘bad’ in order to fit in with others expectations.

You will learn who you really are beneath those different masks we wear for different people in different situations. You will think about how you interpret your personal history – your perception of it and in the process freeing yourself from those old patterns, which are no longer needed for where you are in your life right now. You will give space for the new.

The process the author takes you through is logical and experiential. It is not a process that you will do once but several times. For me it has given me timely reminders of what I already ‘know’ and prompted me to keep using these techniques in my life. For the beginner, you will learn interesting facts on child development and up-to-date research that underpins the information the mystics have always known. The tools the author gives us are easy to implement. I have no hesitation in recommending Without a Mask as an aid on your inner journeying. Quoting Constantino “… an incomparable adventure, a journey of awakening …”

Definitely a ‘keeper’ for me.

I would like to thank the publisher, O Books, in providing me with a copy to review in exchange for an honest review.