sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5) - Kate Johnson Fifth in the Sophie Green Mysteries, Run Rabbit Run is also a stand-alone read. You don’t have to know anything about Sophie or her past at all. I haven’t read any of the others in the mysteries and I can assure you it made no difference to my enjoyment.

The prologue shows the reader the drastic measures Sophie is taking to leave the UK.

In each Chapter we spend time with Sophie while she is trying to evade capture (narrated in the first person) while also spending time with boyfriend Luke and what is happening to him (narrated in the third person). Sophie doesn’t always journey alone – we’re introduced to Jack early in the story. He thinks Sophie is responsible for the killing he has been framed for in Ohio so the issue of trust is another layer to the story.

Sophie is such a brilliant character. The reader really gets to know her. She’s like a disaster magnet! Apart from her humour (which adds that something extra amongst the suspense and tension) she is so honest with herself (which I loved!) about the actions she takes. We find out from Luke that she doesn’t always believe in herself. It’s definitely Sophie’s personality that is the glue that holds the different layers of the story together.

The two males leads really are delicious. Both with the hard exterior cultivated for their personas in the careers they’ve chosen but vulnerability underneath that. Trust is an issue in Luke’s relationship with Sophie on a personal level as well as the trust mentioned earlier.

The other male, Docherty … Sophie has history with him and I never knew whether she should trust him or not despite the help he gave. This is another layer on Sophie’s journey in finding out who has framed her.

The pace is fast and the story full of predicaments, which will keep you totally focussed as you don’t want to miss a thing!

There is a painful death, which made me quite upset. It can’t be Sophie, she will live won’t she?

I would like to thank the publishers, Choc Lit, for providing me a paperback copy in exchange for an honest review.