sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Watching Willow Watts - Talli Roland The story starts at the village fete where we are introduced to the characters. Willow’s best friend Paula is running a stall where fete visitors dress up as a celebrity and have their photo taken. Paula talks Willow into dressing as Marilyn Munroe, Simpson (who is the village tourism rep) makes a video which gets uploaded onto YouTube … and this one incident sends Willow’s life into a whirlwind of activity and emotions.

Belcherton explodes with visitors wanting to see Willow and along with this influx of people arrives agent Jay. Jay, who on the surface is very supportive of Willow but underneath is controlling and hungry for revenge (and money!). Amongst the visitors to the village we meet Betts who has stepped out of her comfort zone and come to the UK from Georgia. She stays with Willow and her father and becomes an integral part of their lives.

Another character central to the story is Cissy. A retired former actress living on the outskirts of the village, she has met Jay in the past. She is not happy with how things are working out for Jay.

The characters in Watching Willow Watts are so believable. You become involved in either rooting for everything to turn out well or wishing for their downfall.

Behind Willow’s decisions all the time are considerations of others - money her father owes or in supporting the village to become more than Britain’s Ugliest Village. She puts her own feelings aside. When Jay enters the village she is in a vulnerable position emotionally so it is entirely believable that she only sees what is on the surface. If you’ve read my reviews you know that I love watching a female heroine make the journey from being down-trodden and insecure to becoming her own person … and we certainly see this for Willow.

Watching Willow Watts is a wonderful emotional ride. We have all the elements of love, friendship, family, community and revenge to keep us absorbed. You won’t be disappointed in accompanying Willow on her journey as the iconic Marilyn Munroe!

I would like to thank the author for providing me a review copy.