sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? - Claudia Carroll I have to start by saying that I absolutely love the cover of this book. If I was choosing a book from a shelf, I would immediately be drawn to the colours and how they make me feel. There’s a lot to be said for colour therapy! I love the embossed title with words in different colours and the author’s name in block colour. The picture speaks to me of a girl alone on an adventure in a city and makes me want to see what type of journey she is going to make.

The foundation of the story is told in the first quarter of the book. We get to know how Annie and Dan’s relationship is today and meet the characters who are a part of their lives. I did find this hard going at times, but only because I hated Annie feeling like she did and wanted the story to move on so that she could develop! I truly felt her frustration at being let down so much.

From the time Annie gets to Broadway the story sparkles along. She has the freedom that she never had as a teen (having been with Dan since she was 15) and you can feel her joie de vivre bouncing off the pages! I enjoyed getting to know the characters of the cast in the play. I thought the character of Jack (the director) was crafted really well and loved the ‘cold hands’, which only emphasised how aloof and distant he was! When Jules (Dan’s sister) comes out to stay the gears move up a notch on the romance front. My inference from Annie’s life as a child, with her father deserting her and her mother being a diplomat, led me to think that perhaps Annie had settled with Dan at such a young age because his character was one of stability and safeness. So to be honest, I really didn’t know which life Annie would choose, her home or parallel world. I loved the fact that I couldn’t make up my mind, that I kept guessing one way and then the next. The subplot also surprised me. I hadn’t seen that coming until it was there in black and white!

Being a romantic at heart ……………. I loved the ‘meet me at the moon’. The symbol of the moon in the Western world of fluctuating emotions, nurturing and finding a stable home to express those emotions, is such a fitting ‘catchphrase’ to have as part of the story and the timing of its appearance was spot on.

As a chiclit novel, Claudia Carroll has crafted a story that ticks all the boxes. It’s easy to read and will keep you entertained.