sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Katy Carter Wants a Hero - Ruth Saberton I really enjoyed reading this chic lit about Katy’s journey to find her very own hero. It’s one to read while laying on the beach – pure escapism! I read it during the last week of term and it kept my spirits up enough to tackle the countdown of each day.

This isn’t your run-of-the-mill chic lit though. We already know she finally falls into the arms of her hero but I can guarantee you haven’t read similar plotlines in quite this way. The style of writing that gets you to the end will certainly make you laugh out loud!

The story works really well written in the first person making Katy’s personality very obvious from the beginning. It didn’t take me long to get hooked – in fact, during the first chapter we are ‘up and running’ – no slow start and build-up for Katy! I was so eager to read how the important dinner party would work out and have to say the ensuing chaos had me in stitches.

It may be easy to foresee some of the twists and turns but at no point is the story boring. It’s fast paced and believable. There is much more than the one plot of Katy getting her hero – I can guarantee you’ll enjoy reading about the crisis and people scattered through her life.

Katy Carter has caused me to laugh out loud, shout out in my sleep and at a couple of points sniffle. I actually felt sad when I finished the book and can’t wait to read her next escapade in New York!

This is a brilliant debut novel that was nominated for RNA Romantic Comedy Novel of the Year. Read Katy Carter Wants a Hero on holiday or keep it for a time when you need a pick-me-up……….. it will most definitely meet that requirement!