sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Kiera's Quest: Sacrifices - Kristy Brown Sacrifices is the second book in the fantasy series Kiera’s Quest targeted at the YA/tween audience.

You can read my review of the first book, Awakenings, here.

Sacrifices opens with Kiera’s friend Joe in the clutches of the Witch Queen. She is very weak after almost being defeated by Kiera although she has her way of replenishing her energy.

We’re introduced to new character Jude (aka Mouse). Jude is their guide through the sewer tunnels that will eventually lead them to the Dark Palace.

In our world, the police become involved because Kiera, Joe and Daz are missing. Visiting the school, they try to find out what has happened. Maddy becomes confused by a peer when she glimpses a different side.

In Sacrifices, we still have plenty of action to engage us but the reader also finds out more about Zakk’s world, Zantar. We find out who is a ‘friend’ in our world and a surprise twist about who a traitor is. There’s another surprise with Terrence the terrier … and Uncle Joe is not all that he seems to be. There are new characters who tie-up with the ones we already know from Awakenings… and a reveal that will make you gasp in surprise!

The climax is nail-biting. I thought it was a very creative ending leaving the reader on a cliff-hanger! As Zantar is suffering from the Witch Queen’s experiment, everyone is blasted through the vortex back into our world. Everyone including the Witch Queen who has made a change that will certainly reverberate through our world. What is left of Zantar? What dire consequences will there be in our world with the Witch Queen on the land?

I’m really looking forward to finding out what happens!

I would like to thank the author for providing a PDF copy in exchange for an honest review.