sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

School Ties - Emma Lee-Potter chool Ties begins with Will Hughes, new Acting Head of Downthorpe, marking bottom set Hamlet papers. We’re introduced to Deputy Grace and science teacher Henry.

We have intrigue why Will left teaching and worked in advertising before being appointed at Downthorpe; gossip from a chance sighting that was interpreted incorrectly which causes conflict and an accident that brings two members of staff closer together with a sprinkling of romance.

The observations of staff and students is very accurate! Even though we’re at a private school, anyone will be able to identify with the relationships and the conflict.

I enjoyed this novella which sets the scene for a series. Lessons in Love (March 2013) which follows on, sees new teacher Alice Jackson getting to grips with the staffroom politics, students and a new love.

I would like to thank the publishers for providing a word doc in exchange for an honest review.