sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts - Talli Roland We meet Rose Delaney as she’s discussing her suitability for the ad she’s seen for the museum job with best friend Mel. Straight away the reader is introduced to how Rose views romance …

At her interview with owner Heath Rowan, she finds out that the museum is his grandmother’s dream. She collected items that had emotional significance, hoping that it would show others they aren’t alone in their pain. In the basement of the building she sees Heath handle a locket she intuits is of personal significance to him. She determines to find out more and heal the hurt she sees.

Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts is an engaging and entertaining novella. As well as a well-paced plot, Roland writes with humour. The reader gets an immediate sense of the characters personalities and identifies with them. Rose’s optimism becomes toned down with reality as she comes to understand what is make-believe and what is real. My favourite scene has to be on 15th December (open day). I was cheering for Rose when she made the right decision! I’m also a great believer in the underlying strength that families can offer each other so thoroughly enjoyed this thread too.