sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

Mistletoe in Manhattan - Talli Roland Mistletoe in Manhattan begins with the reader’s introduction to Holly and how she feels about graduating, her dreams … and how she’s back where she began, working for her parents business ‘Christmas When You Like It’.

On returning home feeling desolate after yet another Christmas party, she checks the answering machine. Having recently sent out a batch of CVs, she’s hoping the message will be the one to start her on the path of following her dream. It’s a message from Elsa, Dean Layton’s PA … and Holly takes on the task of arranging a British Christmas for him in Manhattan.

Talli’s 2012 Christmas novella has everything a reader needs in a story. We have a moral with lead character Holly trying to make her way in the world and putting her dreams above everything else until she experiences something in Manhattan; conflict with Dean’s PA Elsa who is waiting for Holly to fail; romance with the gorgeous Alex (the barman in Holly’s Manhattan hotel) who is a key character for opening her eyes to another side of Manhattan; sub-plots and secondary characters.

My favourite scene has to be at the soup kitchen’s Christmas party with the wilted mistletoe : ) I’m a softie at heart!

Is co-ordinating parties for celebs all Holly thought it would be? Does she realise what is important in her life before she lets down those that matter? You’ll have to get your own copy to find out …

Roland’s writing style and her humour carry us along with Holly on her Manhattan adventure and I have no hesitation in recommending Mistletoe in Manhattan.