sharongoodwin77

Jera's Jamboree

For Internal Use Only - Cari Kamm It’s October and Chloe’s friend Emma is perpetually on the hunt for her soul-mate. This is diametrically opposed to Chloe herself with her rational and practical approach to life. Emma drags Chloe along to a new book club of which the host is the next possible soul-mate on her radar.

On the way to meet Emma, we’re introduced to Chloe’s love of photography and that she’s waiting to hear if she’s been accepted at an exclusive gallery to exhibit with the ‘Love through Light’ showcase. Love is something that puts her into a total panic.

After the book club, Chloe receives an email from a woman who says she was at the book club and thought Chloe would be suitable for her friend, Christoph. What follows is an emotional journey for her through this relationship … a relationship that is conducted purely by email, IM, phone and social media (although that isn’t the intention).

The author very cleverly takes this relationship through the stages of a face-to-face intimate relationship from the ‘honeymoon’ period through to Christoph eventually pushing Chloe to the edge, an edge which she needs to experience before she can truly connect within.

One sentence in particular sums up their relationship:

“You’re the most dramatic coffee date I’ve ever not been on a date with.”

Alongside the build-up of this relationship runs Chloe’s hunt for the three photographs she needs to create for the exhibit. With the theme of ‘Love through Light’ they intertwine and either hinder or enhance.

Chloe’s circle of friendships are fabulous and the bonds strong. I loved spending time with them! Emma, Kate and Stephanie are the sort of people we’d love to be a part of our own lives.

Readers will identify with Chloe and her journey of emotions. You all know how I love to see a character become strong and centred and Chloe learns from her experiences and comes through the other side with belief in herself and her place in the world. She is a character that grew on me as the story progressed.

I loved the deeper meaning behind the photographs Chloe chose. Straight from the heart!

The ending? Well, that will make you sigh with satisfaction.

For Internal Use Only is a story that will brighten your heart and restore your faith in the world.

I would like to thank publicist Amy Bromberg for inviting me to review. A Kindle copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.